The journey to enlightenment is long and arduous, but not impossible. Do you think you can take it?

About Me

My photo
I am at peace, with the world around me and myself. I have found enlightenment. It took me sometime, but I found it. I am a ferryman and live in a hut alongside a river. Govinda has also found it too, he is my dearest friend.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

With the Samanas

Dear Journal,
Now I have left my home, I am with Govinda and the samanas. We hardly eat, we walk from the forest into villages begging for food. We only eat once a day and fast for 14 days. i have been learning much about self denial and meditation, and with this knowledge I want to become empty of everything. I wanted to let the self die because when there is no longer self the great secret of life is left. Although I have learned this, I still haven't found what I am looking for. So Govinda and I are leaving with the blessing of the eldest samana. Govinda heard earlier throughout the day that Gotama, the Buddha, was near and that he wanted to seek him out to hear his teachings.

2 comments:

  1. How can Siddhartha manage to fast for so long? However, it a good thing that you feel intrested and to try something new.
    -Ayaka Takemura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the picture. It must have been have been really hard for Siddhartha to transition from the life of a wealthy Brahmin to one of a starving Samana.
    -diana m

    ReplyDelete