The journey to enlightenment is long and arduous, but not impossible. Do you think you can take it?

About Me

My photo
I am at peace, with the world around me and myself. I have found enlightenment. It took me sometime, but I found it. I am a ferryman and live in a hut alongside a river. Govinda has also found it too, he is my dearest friend.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Samsara

Dear Journal,
Through the past  few years I have had a different life, starting as a Samana then becoming rich. I had my own house with servants and lived the life of the rich. This is not my interest anymore, I had a dream that Kamala's  song bird had died in a golden cage and I realized that the bird is me. I think these dreams mean it is time for me to move on. I need to go away, i feel dead, i need to get back on track again. I am leaving today with the clothes on my back.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Siddhartha never had the dream, what do you think he would have done differently in his life?
    Would he have changed his mind about the way he lived?

    -Kelley Volk

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw! i love this journal entry! it really captures what siddhartha might have felt when leaving kamaswami's village...
    -natalie c.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The song bird definatly symbolizes Siddhartha. I wonder if Siddhartha didn't have these dreams, would he still have decided to leave? Is this something he felt for a while? Or did these dreams affect him as soon as he had them?
    -Orly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really loved this post! I feel so bad for Siddhartha. What if he would have stayed? Things would have turned out so much better for his son and Kamala.

    -Delaney

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you could have added a little more details about the thoughts Siddhartha was feeling. You could have included more information about the songbird and the cage. Other than that, great entry!

    -Layla Ramos

    ReplyDelete
  7. This journal is very good, but i think you should of told us more about the songbird in the cage. I also wonder what kind of thoughts made him think of leaving his good life with Kamala.
    -Ayaka Takemura

    ReplyDelete