The journey to enlightenment is long and arduous, but not impossible. Do you think you can take it?

About Me

My photo
I am at peace, with the world around me and myself. I have found enlightenment. It took me sometime, but I found it. I am a ferryman and live in a hut alongside a river. Govinda has also found it too, he is my dearest friend.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Govinda

Dear Journal,
Govinda came back to me again along the river. He also did not recognize me again. He had come to ask for advice from myself on how to enlightenment. I told him that he is trying ti hard and is too focused on that one sole goal. I called him by name and smiled although he had not yet told me his name. He then realized who I was and asked me how I attained my own gleam of enlightenment. He wants me to teach him all that I have learned. On Govinda's first night with me, I told him about the knowledge that I had learned but that I could not tell him all of it. Enlightenment and wisdom cannot be passed on by word of mouth. You must experience it on your own. Some may teach it like the Buddha, but you cannot fully obtain it unless you truly experience it. I also told him that every truth has an opposite one. They are like paradoxes. I told him my love for the world for how it is, as it is, and however it shall be. It was a wish I had and has now become more of a reality. Govinda asked if I had anything else helpful to tell him because he is older than me and does not have much time left to gain the understanding that I have come to attain. I told him to kiss my forehead, he did and through that kiss did I send him images and other information that I had learned from the river. Govinda afterward began to cry tears of joy because he had come to know that both him and his best friend have now found what they have been looking for since they were young.

4 comments:

  1. very informative! definitely summarizes the chapter very well!
    good job! :)
    -natalie c.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really nice knowing that after all these years, Govinda and Siddhartha reunited, even though Govinda didn't know it was Siddhartha at first. Govinda is very lucky to have Siddhartha as a friend, because Siddhartha is able to give him advice. I agree with Siddhartha that you can gain knowledge but not wisdom, without experience. That is so true because experience is everything! Siddhartha is who he has come to be because of everything he has been through throughout his life. In other words, he wouldn't be who he was today without his experience.
    -Orly:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you said "He didn't recognize me again" it really illustrates a theme going on. Every time Govinda sees Siddhartha, he never recognizes him. Is the author doing that on purpose?

    - Layla Ramos

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that Siddhartha and Govinda started their journey to learn more and in the end, Govinda learned from Siddhartha. I also like that after all these years apart, they still recognize each other when destiny brings them together.
    -diana m.

    ReplyDelete