The journey to enlightenment is long and arduous, but not impossible. Do you think you can take it?

About Me

My photo
I am at peace, with the world around me and myself. I have found enlightenment. It took me sometime, but I found it. I am a ferryman and live in a hut alongside a river. Govinda has also found it too, he is my dearest friend.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Om

Dear Journal,
PreviewI feel sadness with the loss of my son. It brings me pain, I've been thinking so much about it. I've come to realize that how he left me is similar to how I left my father. This is proof that sad events cannot be prevented in life and may be hereditary. I can now understand my son and father's pain along with my own. I accept this, for all of it. I've now come to peace in my heart about it. I told Vasudeva about all of this, about how I feel, and he sympathized with me. It seemed like he could share my pain. His reaction reminds me of the Buddha because he is always so calm, has peace within himself, is wise, and is always enlightened by all things. He can also be a god in my perspective. He has taught me to listen to the river more carefully. You can hear so much from it. Sounds of happiness, sadness, goodness, and evil, but in the end they all come together to make the one word Om. I can now see that my voice is with the others, and it is part of something bigger than myself. I now know what my purpose is in this world, I no longer have any doubts about it. My face is now more like Vasudeva's than I could imagine and there is a twinkle in my eye that indicates knowledge. Vasudeva saw this just as I did and told me that he's been anticipating this. After he said this, he left, going inside the forest behind us. He told me as he left that I alone am now the sole ferryman.  

3 comments:

  1. "Om" sounds like a very peaceful thing to experience... i would like to try it.

    -Diego Caceres

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how Siddhartha said that he didn't really want a teacher anymore, yet Vasudeeva taught him about the river. Siddhartha said that he wanted to learn about himself, and find out who he truely was. I think Vasudeeva was more than a ferryman to Siddhartha, he became Siddhartha's best friend, and a person he very much respected. Siddhartha lost a very meaningful person in his life.
    -Orly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you added Siddhartha's realization of him also leaving his father as did his son. It really helps me understand how he was feeling and maybe he was also feeling a little guilt.

    - Layla Ramos

    ReplyDelete