The journey to enlightenment is long and arduous, but not impossible. Do you think you can take it?

About Me

My photo
I am at peace, with the world around me and myself. I have found enlightenment. It took me sometime, but I found it. I am a ferryman and live in a hut alongside a river. Govinda has also found it too, he is my dearest friend.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Gotama

Dear Journal,
When we first arrived at the Jetavana grove, surrounded by monks, I immediately knew which one was the perfect one. Govinda and I went to go listen to the teachings of the Illustrious one and those words intrigued him so much that he decided to follow the perfect one. While I thought his teachings were inspiring, they did not satiate my thirst for further knowledge on attaining enlightenment. I asked the Buddha for advice about what I should do since even his words were not enough for me. He told me to follow my instincts and to be careful with both my ceaseless thirst for knowledge and my cleverness. After our conversation, I took my leave and lost myself in the woods.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the way this piece of art captures the importance and the sacredness of Gotama. it shows how respectful his listeners were.
    -natalie c.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this picture.
    This is where he sees the Buddha for the very first time. Why does Siddhartha think that he can learn much faster if he learned everything by himself? Why doesn't he listen patiently?
    -Ayaka Takemura

    ReplyDelete
  4. The image attached to this post really is a good picture! You can clearly see how Gotama is the center and Siddhartha recognized him as soon as he walked in. Good post! I wish you read this at the board meeting!

    -Delaney

    ReplyDelete