The journey to enlightenment is long and arduous, but not impossible. Do you think you can take it?

About Me

My photo
I am at peace, with the world around me and myself. I have found enlightenment. It took me sometime, but I found it. I am a ferryman and live in a hut alongside a river. Govinda has also found it too, he is my dearest friend.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Kamala

Dear Journal,
I have left Gotama, I don't know where I'm going or who I'm going to meet. I've been walking in the forest for hours and hours now. Suddenly I hear this voice in my heart commanding me to seek rest under this tree. I obey the voice and lay down under the tree and fall into a deep sleep. When I woke up I asked the ferryman to take me across the river. The ferryman agreed to take me on his bamboo raft. When we got to the other side I had nothing to pay the ferryman with. But the ferryman did not expect any payment from me, he said I would give it to him some other time. I thanked him and got off. At midday I passed through a village, there were kids running around, shouting and wrestling with each other. At the end of the village there was a path alongside a brook and at the end of the brook there was a young women kneeling and washing clothes. I smiled at her and she smiled back and asked him if he had eaten. I hadn't replied when she placed her left foot on my right and made a gesture, inviting me to a kind enjoyment of love. I hesitated for a moment, then I heard an inward voice say "No!" Then all the magic disappeared and i felt nothing for her. I went stroked her cheek and walked away. I continued walking and reached a large town, then suddenly an ornamented sedan chair carried by four people passed by me. In it sat a beautiful mistress, on red cushions beneath a colored awning. She smiles at me and my heart stops. After seeing this beautiful mistress known as Kamala, I set a goal to find her. I bath in the river, get my hair cut and oiled from friendly barber and I set out to find her. I go into the forest where I finally find Kamala. I ask her if she can teach me the art of love. I soon learn though that I will learn nothing until I return wearing fine clothes and have bearing gifts. She then helps me by recommending me to her friend Kamaswani, a wealthy business man. After getting a job, I go back in search for Kamala. When she sees the changes I've made she finally accepts to teach me the art of love. We have been spending a lot of time together now that she agreed to teach me the art of love and each day I fall deeper and deeper in love with her.

3 comments:

  1. very interesting picture, i like the way it describes the setting of this chapter. well done!
    -natalie c.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kamala seems like shes always wanting a good time... i wonder if she will find true love with siddhartha?

    -Diego Caceres

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kamala seems to be a great person for Siddhartha. It looks like they are having a good time. How did Kamala become so special to him, when he never liked women before?
    -Ayaka Takemura

    ReplyDelete