The journey to enlightenment is long and arduous, but not impossible. Do you think you can take it?

About Me

My photo
I am at peace, with the world around me and myself. I have found enlightenment. It took me sometime, but I found it. I am a ferryman and live in a hut alongside a river. Govinda has also found it too, he is my dearest friend.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

By the River

Dear Journal,
I have been wandering the forest for quite some time now, and I'm very far from the town. I feel discusted and dead inside from the past couple of years, wealth and power has taken me over. At this point I feel like nothing in the world can attract me, could give me pleasure nor solace. I just want to be at rest, in other words I want to be dead. If only a tiger would eat me! Or a flash of lightning would strike me! I reached the river in the woods, the same river which a ferryman had once taken me. I stopped and stared at the river for a long time, I was thinking about jumping in and drowning, but then i saw a cocoanut tree, I leand against it and began to pronounce "om", and suddenly I fell into a deep sleep. Once I had awakend I felt as if I was a new person. As if I had died and came to life as a new person. I feel so rejuvenated! I saw a man sleeping next to me, and he woke up as soon as I did. I recognized him, it was my old friend Govinda. He explained to me that he was on a pillgramage and he saw me sleeping so peacefully so he stayed behind and watched over me because its very dangerous to sleep in the middle of the woods. As he was leaving Ithanked him, and he asked me how I knew his name. I told him I am Siddhartha.

6 comments:

  1. What did Govinda do afterwards? What did he think when Siddhartha told him who he was and how did he react to it?

    -Kelley Volk

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the pictures! they really relate to the chapters!!
    -natalie c. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that picture is amazing! you really have an eye for images, hahaha. good post.

    -Diego Caceres

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In this chapter, Siddhartha's in his "emo stage" where he feels very deppressed and wants to kill himself, but as soon as he pronounces "om", he comes back to life,which I guess, could be like his second awakening. Very well written! You wrote this entry very well!
    -Orly

    ReplyDelete
  6. An amazing photo! I can relate that it is the river where Siddhartha was almost suicidal. He was such a good character. Hit all the point of a good character! He was happy, sad, grateful, and selfish. Very well written.

    -Delaney

    ReplyDelete