The journey to enlightenment is long and arduous, but not impossible. Do you think you can take it?

About Me

My photo
I am at peace, with the world around me and myself. I have found enlightenment. It took me sometime, but I found it. I am a ferryman and live in a hut alongside a river. Govinda has also found it too, he is my dearest friend.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Ferryman

Dear Journal,
I have decided to stay near the river since it holds secrets from which I may learn. I feel love for everything and recognize myself as a part of the river. Colors are around me everywhere. Things make sense to me now. I walked along the river and saw the ferryman standing in his boat and I asked him to take me to the other side when I had come 25 years ago. I praised him and offered him my clothes as a gift. I also asked if I can stay there as an assistant. The ferryman, named Vasudeva, said yes to me happily as I reentered the hut I had slept in years ago. I told him my whole life story and he replied by saying that the river is my friend and enjoys my company. It taught me how to listen and has taught my emotions to open up and embrace the world without selfish desires. I began to realize the importance of myself as a part of a greater whole. I have been taught that time doesn't exist. The river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and as the mouth, in the ocean and in the mountains; everywhere and that the present only exists for it's not the shadow of the past nor the shadow of the future. The voice of the river is the one word that I had known since my childhood that is Om, calling together the unity of all things and people at once.

5 comments:

  1. The ferryman is nice enough to let Siddhartha come back to the hut. Where would Siddhartha have gone if the ferryman did not accept him? Siddhartha found his Om which could now help him immensely.

    -Kelley Volk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats incredible.... the ferryman is a very nice man.

    -Diego Caceres

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice illustration!!! also, good use of vivid language on the journal entry... makes the story sound very exciting! well done!!!
    -natalie c.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds very interesting!
    I never knew that you can learn a out from a river.What else can you learn from a river?
    -Ayaka Takemura

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would really like to visit this river. I wonder if there is still a nice ferryman to take people across.
    -diana m

    ReplyDelete