The journey to enlightenment is long and arduous, but not impossible. Do you think you can take it?

About Me

My photo
I am at peace, with the world around me and myself. I have found enlightenment. It took me sometime, but I found it. I am a ferryman and live in a hut alongside a river. Govinda has also found it too, he is my dearest friend.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Awakening

Dear Journal,
I've left Govinda and the Perfect One, but why could I not join them? His teachings were great and sensible, but why could I not accept them? I'm thinking about it as I wander in the forest, getting further and further away from where I left my best friend. I suppose I've come to the point where I do not want a teacher anymore, I want to teach myself. I want to experience everything, I want to overcome myself, especially my ego. I know that I am different than everyone else, the normal people, yet I know so little of myself. I must find myself, I must learn the mystery of Siddhartha. I am no longer a boy from here on out. I am now a man, alone on my own quest. From now on, I'm on my own. Everything has its own glow now, I've never noticed what vivid colors lie within the forest. It's so beautiful here, this is certainly a great place to start my journey.

3 comments:

  1. The picture is a really great illustration for this posting.
    -Diego Caceres

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you mentioned that since he left the perfect one and his best friend, he is now on his own. There is no one to guide him or teach him anymore, and he is not beccomming more independent, as he learns about himself and tries to reach Nirvana himself.
    -Orly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy the picture. I wonder how it felt like for Siddhartha to be all alone.
    -diana m

    ReplyDelete