The journey to enlightenment is long and arduous, but not impossible. Do you think you can take it?

About Me

My photo
I am at peace, with the world around me and myself. I have found enlightenment. It took me sometime, but I found it. I am a ferryman and live in a hut alongside a river. Govinda has also found it too, he is my dearest friend.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Amongst The People

Dear Journal,
I've been living in Kamaswami's house and have become a merchant, but my heart is not in this. I do not wish to become savvy in the business world. Kamaswami is a good man, but the world in which he lives in is not much the same. I went to go do some business for him the other day and I did not end up getting the sale, but I stayed in the village anyways to enjoy their festival. I left on very good terms with the people and I was very content with myself when I left. Kamaswami was a bit upset, but I explained to him the benefits that came because I had stayed in the village. I visit Kamala daily and learn much from her. I have realized that her and I are very much alike because we are ourselves and no one else. I talk to her about Gotama often and she talks to me about it. Her and I both know understand that we cannot truly love another because if we did we could not be who we are today. 

3 comments:

  1. Even though Siddhartha did not like what he was doing for Kamaswami, it could of helped financially. However, if he was hot happy being in the business world, i think he made a good choice to do what he wanted to do and not what he just settles for.

    -Kelley Volk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Siddhartha seems a little hypocritical if you look at entries from when he first started this journey to now. He used to always say he looks down on people who don't appreciate things and live on the bare essentials but now he still denies anything related to living like that but he still enjoys the life.

    -Delaney

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the language you used. I agree with Delaney and I also noticed that he did seem a little hypocritical.

    -Layla Ramos

    ReplyDelete